Freddy M.
Freddy M., Computer Technician
Experience:  Years of experience in the IT field
15852642

My ipod was woking fine yesterday. Today I cannot get it to

Customer Question

My ipod was woking fine yesterday. Today I cannot get it to turn on. Any suggestions?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 6 years ago.
Please try holding down the sleep button and home button for at least 60 seconds and see if it restarts. Once done please let me know the results.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click “Accept”.

(Even if you are a subscription or trial member you must click "Accept" for me to be paid.)

If you do not click "Accept” I am not paid anything as there is no salary for working here.

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back are appreciated.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Which button is the home button and sleep button
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 6 years ago.
They can be located at different places on each type. What type of ipod are you using?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The back of it says 8GB. It has a circular face. At the top is the menu button, to the right is the forward button, at the bottom I believe is the on and off button and at the 9 o' clock position is the back button. The center of the circle is blank. Sorry for being so tech ignorant.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 6 years ago.
Don't worry. Unfortunately I am still not sure which model you have. So I will give you a general idea where it would be using a picture of one that should give you an idea of where they are on yours. The home button is usually the middle button in the circle.

Here is the sleep button it is usually similar to a switch. (this is an iphone but it is usually located in the same place on ipods.)
//f01.justanswer.com/ref/http_artoftheiphone.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/iphone-sleep-button-for-voicemail.jpg
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It's an Ipod Nano

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 6 years ago.
Ah ok thank you that helps. Instead of using the sleep button please hold down menu and the middle button together for at least 60 seconds and see if it turns back on.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

That worked....Thanks for your patience

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 6 years ago.
Your welcome and I hope you have a wonderful day.