Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My ipod was woking fine yesterday. Today I cannot get it to

Customer Question
turn on. Any suggestions?...
My ipod was woking fine yesterday. Today I cannot get it to turn on. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Mac
11/3/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Freddy M., Computer Technician replied 7 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Computer Technician
Please try holding down the sleep button and home button for at least 60 seconds and see if it restarts. Once done please let me know the results.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click “Accept”.

(Even if you are a subscription or trial member you must click "Accept" for me to be paid.)

If you do not click "Accept” I am not paid anything as there is no salary for working here.

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back are appreciated.

Freddy M.
Freddy M., Computer Technician
Which button is the home button and sleep button
They can be located at different places on each type. What type of ipod are you using?
The back of it says 8GB. It has a circular face. At the top is the menu button, to the right is the forward button, at the bottom I believe is the on and off button and at the 9 o' clock position is the back button. The center of the circle is blank. Sorry for being so tech ignorant.
Don't worry. Unfortunately I am still not sure which model you have. So I will give you a general idea where it would be using a picture of one that should give you an idea of where they are on yours. The home button is usually the middle button in the circle.

Here is the sleep button it is usually similar to a switch. (this is an iphone but it is usually located in the same place on ipods.)
//f01.justanswer.com/ref/http_artoftheiphone.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/iphone-sleep-button-for-voicemail.jpg

It's an Ipod Nano

Ah ok thank you that helps. Instead of using the sleep button please hold down menu and the middle button together for at least 60 seconds and see if it turns back on.

That worked....Thanks for your patience

Your welcome and I hope you have a wonderful day.
Freddy M.
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Computer Technician