Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

I recently did a clean re-install of Snow Leopard and resolved

Customer Question

I recently did a clean re-install of Snow Leopard and resolved many problems. However, now I cant print from i-photo (message is " must set themes") and the all in one printer (HP C7280) performs poorly and will not scan.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.
I would suggest resetting the print system, this completely removes all printers, then you re add them.
This is how.
That is how it is done.
Let me know.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Dan
Thanks... so far so good. It prints faster and will now scan. Will I always have to access through System Preferences though?

However, still will not print from i-photo.

When I highlight a pic and try to print I get error message "no available themes...there were no themes located. Until at least one theme has been installed, this feature will be unavailable". How to get round this
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.
I would try trashing the iPhoto plist. Do not empty the trash until we have established success.
To do this first quit iPhoto then open a finder window in column view, like this.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here
After you do that we open iPhoto, iPhoto will create a new plist and it should print.
Let me know.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm missing something Dan
i can open up Finder...library...preferences...com.apple.iPhoto playlist as per the illustration. Then what do I do? just open i photo from the dock?
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.
Drag that plist to the trash. I guess I didn't make that clear, after you've done that then open iPhoto and see what happens.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
dragged the com.apple file to trash as instructed. Opening i photo still shows me all my photos, but still the same message when i try to print.
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.
Okay, I suggest reinstalling iPhoto. You will find it on your installation disk, your original installation disc that came with your machine.
You will also need this utility called Pacifist, Pacifist.
This will allow you to open all of the installation packages on the installation disk so that you don't have to go through the whole thing.
You'll have to drill down to find the application of iPhoto, then follow the instructions that come with pacifist or what is on their website.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Way to go!
Worked a dream...up and running. I registered with Pacifist as I expect I may use it again

Have a good day and may your God go with you!
Barry
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.
You are welcome and God be with you. Thank you.