Brad M
Brad M, IT Support Tech
Experience:  I have a BS in Computer Information Systems, and I have professional & home experience with Macs.
41676755

It appears that my mac pro is not recognizing that i have a

It appears that my mac pro is not recognizing that i have a mic plugged in. before i make any asumptions that it is broken, is there any settings that i am missing?

Hi, my name isXXXXX will be happy to assist you with this issue.

Go to Applications -> Utilities -> Audio & midi utility.

Make sure the input levels for the external mic port are turned up all the way.

There is also the chance that the type of microphone you are using is not getting enough power from your computer's microphone input to work properly. If you are plugging the microphone into the microphone input on your sound card, the computer may not recognize that a mic is present, but you should be able to adjust the volume level for the microphone.

If this does not work, I recommend purchasing a different microphone built for your intended use. If you have further questions on this, feel free to post back to this question.