Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ and Cisco certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs
23822421

Can I download Microsofts Internet Explorer browser version

Customer Question

Can I download Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser version 5.5 or greater? I recently bought an Apple MacBook Pro and am still learning it. I haven't owned an Apple for years, and will never own anything else!
Thanks
M Kirby
Category: Mac
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 6 years ago.
Please remember to scroll down and click the green ACCEPT button only if we solve the issue, for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us, and even if you see the holding charge in your credit/debit account I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Internet Explorer is not compatible with Mac, so you cannot install it.

If you don't like Safari (the Mac's internet browser) you have 2 other options. See below:

- There are two very good internet browsers, better than Internet Explorer:

A- Google Chrome (a very fast internet browser), you can download it from here: www.google.com/chrome

B- Firefox, you can download from here: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html

Both are compatible with Mac.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am trying to get on a site for real estate and it does not list any options except the Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser version 5.5 or greater . I cannot get an answer from the site (http://www.costar.com). Are there any FREE Apple support Q & A sites?
Unfortunately Internet Explorer is not compatible with Mac. Try with Firefox or Google Chrome using the previous links. The costar.com website should work with Firefox. Thank you

John Cappucci