Kyle Brockman
Kyle Brockman, Mac Genius
Experience:  5 yrs. experience building, repairing, maintaining and configuring macs in a corporate environment.
33372540

I am trying to download plugins for Adobe Flash Player, but

I am trying to download plugins for Adobe Flash Player, but the download was not successful and no plugins were downloaded--it said, "failed"...
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kyle Brockman replied 6 years ago.
What version of firefox and mac os x are you running?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Firefox version 3.6.10
Mac OSX, l0.4
Can you please go to the following web site and let me know what version you have installed. http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Adobe Flash Player 10.0.22.87
OK, sounds like flash is working, which site are you having issues with?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I get any number of emails that contain pictures and am alerted that I need to install more plugins to see them...though I have downloaded the flash player, apparently I don't have the plugins I need..thanks
Is this in apple's mail app or in a web email?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
web email...
Can I know what service yahoo, gmail, or other? Also does the email want you to download a plugin it links to?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, it is yahoo mail and it wants me to download additional plugins so I can see the images on the page, it doesn't say to a particular link...
Odd, normally images will not request you to download a special plugin, they should just work. Is the e-mail coming from someone you know or a random person?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
just random emails--for instance, yesterday I got an email with an invitation to view pictures of their baby at a Kodak website, but I couldn't view them because I didn't have this certain plugin that's missing...
Normally these are emails trying to install viruses on your machine. Since you have a mac they will not work.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
But, that doesn't answer my question or help me in any way--I already know it won't work because it said "failed". I was expecting you to tell me what to do to be successful in installing plugins....
Is the email from a friend or family? And what is the web site that isn't loading?