Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

hi there i just purchased Rosetta stone Espanol and i can only

Customer Question
hear the audio ..i installed...
hi there i just purchased Rosetta stone Espanol and i can only hear the audio ..i installed it to itunes..and i cant see the images
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Mac
10/3/2010
Mac Support Specialist: loadedmind, Mac Support Specialist replied 7 years ago
loadedmind
loadedmind, Mac Support Specialist
Chat Conversation Started
loadedmind :

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer - I'm John. I believe your problem is that you're launching the content from iTunes, instead of the Appliations folder. Can you please answer these questions so I can help you further:
* What version of OS X are you using? To obtain this information, click on the
Apple icon at top left, then choose About This Mac from the menu. The numbers to
the right of Version is what I'm looking for.
* Please explain what steps you took to install the Rosetta program. Walk me through the process please.

Regards,

mac os x ...when i insert the cd it automatically goes into itunes
When you open Finder, does the CD show here? You have an action in OS X setup to automatically launch iTunes when a CD is inserted. You can change this, but I will need you to answer the first question I had regarding the version of OS X. Please provide the version so I can continue to assist you.
Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook5,2
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.13 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MB52.0088.B05
SMC Version (system): 1.38f5
Serial Number (system): WQ9203T29GU
Hardware UUID: 1887C0E9-8620-55CC-9154-3BED87BA34C6
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled
What version of OS X are you using? To obtain this information, click on the
10.6.4
Open System Preferences and, under the Hardware tab, choose CDs & DVDs. Here is where you can define the default behavior of what happens when a disk is inserted. I would recommend you set it this way:

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Ideally, what you want is to open Finder and find the icon for the disk you inserted, then click once to reveal the contents. From here, there should be an install package icon or a way for you to drag the Rosetta icon to your Applications icon in Finder to install the package. Perhaps you can start by telling me what you see when you click the disk icon in Finder for the disk's contents and I can help from here?
should i delete all the content that was installed in itunes first? i uploaded all 3 discs there
It shouldn't matter, but you can remove it from iTunes as it shouldn't matter. What do you see when you click on the disk icon with Finder open?
it keeps going into itunes even with the finder window open
After setting your CD & DVD preferences in System Settings?
changed the settings to what you sent..still keeps opening discs in itunes...i installed the first disc (data) to the hard drive where it suggested and the audio companions keep opening in itunes
If you open Finder and click on the disk, what are the contents? Perhaps you can post a screenshot? If you press and hold command+shift+4 and click and drag an outline of what you want to screenshot, then post here, this would help immensely. I'm GMT -6 timezone. It's 12:30am right now. I'll be available after some sleep.

Regards,
ok...how do i paste to send to you?
Within your chat window, you should have an image icon that allows you to browse to the location of your screenshot and attach. Do you see anything that resembles this?
i had to phone rosetta stone... they walked me through it ..
Mike, Mac Medic