Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Hi my I pad still will not send e mails. It now says that the

Customer Question
recipients address has a fault...
Hi my I pad still will not send e mails. It now says that the recipients address has a fault. Any clues as to what I can do. I have asked about this before.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/2/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Joseph, Mac Software Engineer replied 7 years ago
Joseph
Joseph, Mac Software Engineer
Chat Conversation Started
Joseph :

Hello

Joseph :

I will try to help you.

Joseph :

While sending mail, you have to give the full mail id.

Joseph :

Also you have to sent mail to yourself and check whether its getting into your inBox.

Joseph :

While typing your mail id give the full id.

Joseph :

Let me know what happens.

Joseph :

If you are getting the mail that you sent, that means the mail sending is working and something is wrong in the mail of your friend.

Joseph :

Don't forget to click the ACCEPT button so I get paid for my work.

JACUSTOMER-o76bf7s1- : When I try to send to myself I get the same message which is server cannot accept recipient address. Help !
Joseph :

ok

Joseph :

Hello again

Joseph :

Which mail service are you using ?

Joseph :

Did you try removing and adding back the mail account ?

JACUSTOMER-o76bf7s1- : Ntlworld
JACUSTOMER-o76bf7s1- : Will be back in ten mins
Joseph :

ok

Joseph :

There is some change in the settings it seems

JACUSTOMER-o76bf7s1- : Ok here now sorry about that
Joseph :

its ok

Joseph :

Let me know what are the settings that you have given.

Joseph :

for the Ntlworld in iPad

JACUSTOMER-o76bf7s1- : I have added te virgin server to the mail account and it did work for a short time but not know
Joseph :

I think it better to remove the current account and add it back

JACUSTOMER-o76bf7s1- : Ssl [email protected] Port is 465. Password XXXXX user name joham
JACUSTOMER-o76bf7s1- : So I delete what is there and then add it again ?
Joseph :

What are the pop and smtp settings ?

JACUSTOMER-o76bf7s1- : Will look
Joseph :

ok

JACUSTOMER-o76bf7s1- : Pop3.ntlworld.com and smut is ntlworld.com or virgin.net
Joseph :

ok

Joseph :

Outgoing Mail Server
Type: SMTP
Address: smtp.ntlworld.ie
Incoming Mail Server
Type: POP3
Address: pop.ntlworld.ie

Joseph :

Try the above settings.

JACUSTOMER-o76bf7s1- : Ok changed it now can't get mail in or out !!! Help
Joseph :

pop.ntlworld.com

smtp.ntlworld.com

Joseph :

This is the settings

Joseph :

So you have to delete the present account and add it again back with this settings.

JACUSTOMER-o76bf7s1- : This does not seem to work and now I cannot receive e mails or send them !! Please can you suggest snything else I could try. It would help me if you could give me the I pad names and what to put on the space... Ie address ? Etc. Sorry so computer illiterate but willing to learn !!
Joseph :

I will opt out and invite another expert for this.

Joseph
Joseph
Joseph, Mac Software Engineer