Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

my samsung clx6210fx wont print in duplex on my Mac

After you downloaded and installed new drivers did you delete the printer and then add it back again? If not try that.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes I removed all printers Samsung and Adobe
OK so you added it back and when you choose duplex it does not print duplex, but it prints OK otherwise?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Running windows via parallels the duplex option is available but when I print from Mac the duplex option is not availiable other wise it works fine
When you print are you clicking the littile button nex to the printer selection?

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes
How can I get a screen capture on mac to show you
Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac, and tell me the System Version, the Processor and the Memory.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ver 10.6.4 2.8GHz Core i7 8GB Ram
Hold down Command/Shift/4 and you will see a little cross cursor. Drag that across the part of the screen you want to capture and let go. You will hear a littile camera click and then look in you pictures folder

Edited by Mike the MacMedic on 9/28/2010 at 9:20 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
/Users/diharvey/Desktop/Screen shot 2010-09-29 at 7.27.01 AM.png
Sorry for the delay
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
/Users/diharvey/Desktop/Screen shot 2010-09-29 at 7.33.28 AM.png
The printer is set to duplex in the web settings
I’m not getting the pictures.

Go here with any web browser and sign in. Click on upload and choose your file? Let me know when completed.

http://momandpop.ws:8000

username: justanswer
password: macmedic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The file has been uploaded
That is just the settings on the printer that is not where you tell the printer to print duplex. Print any document and you willl see the printer dialogue I showed you previously. In the second graphic I posted click wher it says Firfox on my pictuer and you will see the serttings for the printer.

Register Here
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have uploaded files as you can see duplex is set in the web setup but it does not save as default setting when I go to layout it defaults to single sided
It won’t look exactly like mine but you get the idea. That is just telling the printer what margins and side to use if you tell the printer to use duplex. It won;t default to that unless you choose it in the printer dialogue and then save it as a preset.

Edited by Mike the MacMedic on 9/28/2010 at 10:33 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is there any way to default to double sided printing
That is just telling the printer what margins and side to use if you tell the printer to use duplex. It won;t default to that unless you choose it in the printer dialogue and then save it as a preset.

Register Here
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your help now that i have saved a preset it works fine
Great!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is it difficult to set up an apple server? I had a windows 2003 server and disconnected it because it was prone to being inaccessible after upgrades
No much easier