Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

how do i get my iphone to sync to a brand new computer the

Customer Question
how do i get my...
how do i get my iphone to sync to a brand new computer? the old computer is gone and I installed itunes on the new one. BUT, it wants to delete everything on my iphone.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Mac
9/3/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Joseph, Mac Software Engineer replied 7 years ago
Joseph
Joseph, Mac Software Engineer
Chat Conversation Started
Joseph :

Hello

Joseph :

I will try to help you.

Joseph :

Whats the exact message that you are getting when you connect iPhone with your xp computer ?

JACUSTOMER-khneewxl- :

it first downloads pictures then connects to itunes and is recognized as tina's phone.

JACUSTOMER-khneewxl- :

it then saysn

JACUSTOMER-khneewxl- :

sorry

JACUSTOMER-khneewxl- :

it then says that if i sync with this computer all iphone info will be deleted

Joseph :

ok

JACUSTOMER-khneewxl- :

iphone is full itunes is empty

Joseph :

ok let check

Joseph :

Give me a minute.

Joseph :

Check this link and try to trouble shoot. Normally These steps solves the issue.

JACUSTOMER-khneewxl- :

ok

JACUSTOMER-khneewxl- :

no, that is not the issue

JACUSTOMER-khneewxl- :

it detects the iphone

JACUSTOMER-khneewxl- :

even shows me everything on it

Joseph :

Can you reset the setting on iPhone

Joseph :

and connect again

JACUSTOMER-khneewxl- :

i just want to do a reverse sync

Joseph :

yes i understood

JACUSTOMER-khneewxl- :

reseting the iphone i believe will erase all of my stuff

JACUSTOMER-khneewxl- :

i dont have it anywhere else

JACUSTOMER-khneewxl- :

the old computer is dead

Joseph :

No backups

Joseph :

??

Joseph :

ok

JACUSTOMER-khneewxl- :

is there not an easy planned way to upgrade to a new computer and keep you iphone/ipod?

Joseph :

Lets try a reinstall of Itunes

JACUSTOMER-khneewxl- :

i hate mac

JACUSTOMER-khneewxl- :

it is a brand new fresh installation

JACUSTOMER-khneewxl- :

went smooth

Joseph :

your computer is a 32 bit one right

JACUSTOMER-khneewxl- :

yes

Joseph :

ok

Joseph :

in itunes Edit>Preferences, Click on "Reset Synch History", OK.

JACUSTOMER-khneewxl- :

ok one sec

Joseph :

ok

Joseph :

Select the "Source" option in your iTunes menu to establish your iPhone as the final destination for your music downloads. You can set iPhone as your primary source in the "Advanced" menu section if you do not have other devices that use iTunes.

JACUSTOMER-khneewxl- :

the clear sync history did not work

Joseph :

JACUSTOMER-khneewxl- :

can't find "source"

Joseph :

oh

Joseph :

what about the advanced tab

JACUSTOMER-khneewxl- :

the itunes is new v10

Joseph :

advanced menu..

Joseph :

ok

Joseph :

Lets try a reinstall of iTunes

JACUSTOMER-khneewxl- :

so there really is no plan to do this easy when you own an ipod and want to get a new computer?

JACUSTOMER-khneewxl- :

imean nothing is w

JACUSTOMER-khneewxl- :

wrong with any of the programs

JACUSTOMER-khneewxl- :

they just don't do this?

Joseph :

may be

Joseph :

so we have to all itunes related

Joseph :

softwares

Joseph :

first

Joseph :

then we will install a fresh copy/

JACUSTOMER-khneewxl- :

and no apple crazed nerd has figured out the way?

Joseph :

Sometimes these can be I Tunes bugs

Joseph :

if they have fixed it and released

Joseph :

you can get it from the download

JACUSTOMER-khneewxl- :

i'm sorry joseph but i think i want to go to bed and try again tomorrow

Joseph :

Ok fine

Joseph :

Book mark this page

Joseph :

So you can contact me again.

JACUSTOMER-khneewxl- :

k

Joseph :

ok goodnight

Joseph
Joseph
Joseph, Mac Software Engineer