Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Gmail will not accept my password. I never signed out over

Customer Question
night, this morning it asked...
Gmail will not accept my password. I never signed out over night, this morning it asked me for a password XXXXX it won't accept it. I have no alternate and didn't get a text message. Facebook now says it doesn't have my gmail account. It appears you've canceled my account.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/6/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Dustin, Mac Support Specialist replied 7 years ago
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Chat Conversation Started
D.Sandlin :

Welcome to JustAnswer.com My name isXXXXX am one of the experts who will assist you today!

Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
Welcome to JustAnswer..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a member of the expert community here..

Lets consider this a first attempt..

Please go to the link below, and enter your full gmail username.

DANGEROUS URL REMOVED%2Fmail%2F%3Fhl%3Den%26tab%3Dwm%26ui%3Dhtml%26zy%3Dl&hl=en&service=mail&ltmpl=default

this will attempt to recover your password XXXXX reset it so you can log in.

if my answer helps, please remember to click accept and leave some feedback.

If you need further assistance.. Let me know!
Dustin, I don't see an answer here. That was a dangerous URLyou sent me.
Im sorry..

This site blocks a lot of links for some reason..

please go to the link below then..

And underneath where youd normally sign in, click cant access my account.

then enter your full gmail address.. let me know if it allows you to reset your password XXXXX not!

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&shva=1#inbox/12a4716271ecf6c4

No I have tried that page repeatedly. I dont have an alternate address that gmail is aware of. I have no way of getting info or commnication to or from google
Ok..

each email address in gmail.. IS connected to a google account..

have you tried signing into the google account? ( not the gmail account)
I've been through that whole process and none of that got me anywhere
Can you help me with this or not, Dustin?
Are you sure..

the google account page looks very similar to the gmail page..

Do you see where it says only google account on this page..

and not gmail ??

https://www.google.com/accounts/ForgotPasswd?service=mail&fuOnly=1&hl=en

its actually a different page with different recovery methods..

can you try the page above specifically.. and see if you can recover your google account..

not the gmail account..

((( Just seen your second message, Im trying to help you out with this.. Please try what im suggesting.. Your google account is not your gmail account.. But. if we can access the google account, then we can recover the gmail account)
I just went there. It had my gmail address. I entered the capcha. and got this:

An email has been sent to [email protected] containing all Gmail usernames associated with that address.

Please make sure [email protected] is your recovery email address. If it is not, you will not receive an email containing your username.

If you can't find the message we sent you, please check this help article.

I of course can't get in my gmail account to get this. WTF?

Dustin, I was just notified by a relative that he got a gmail from me that obviously wasn't from me. Looks like somebody hacked into my acount. Now what?
You have been hacked then.

You only have one recourse..

You must fill out the form below and get gmail to recover your account.

https://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/request.py?ara=1&hl=en&contact_type=ara&ctx=ara

I tried that long ago while I was waiting. I got nothing from them
Then.. The gmail account is gone and unrecoverable..

I suggest making a new one ( which you probably already did)

Now, about the facebook account, it may be able to be saved..

you will need to try and regain control of your facebook account..

To do so,, go to the link below

http://www.facebook.com/help/identify.php?show_form=password_reset
I already tried that at facebook. they don't know me anymore
Ok.. Then it looks like whoever hacked your account may have deleted your facebook account as well. You may have to recreate it..

Question, if you do a search on facebook, is your profile still findable?

( like a people search?)
my wife tried to go to my fb profile and was tld to friend me. not good, huh?
Not good at all..

Someone has access to your facebook account.. they most likely used your email account to reset the facebook password. so they could access the FB acccount..

you must go to this page.. and keep filling this out untill facebook listens to you..

They will, just stay on them..

http://www.facebook.com/help/?page=1025

do you see where it says....

If the login email address listed on your Facebook account has been removed by another person (i.e., someone has replaced your login email address with one that you do not control), click here.

that is the option you need to take. and complete all the steps..

Keep doing this once each day.. It shouldnt take but a few days to get the account back, if you keep on it.
Oh, I already did this several times today. There really is no answer to this problem.
Then you should directly email facebook.. Get their attention.. You dont want someone out their with access to your facebook impersonating you.

Other then that.. All I can say is..

facebook support is .. slow..

Personally, I would call corporate headquarters and get a hold of any mid level or senior management and leave some strong voicemails about it.

Other then that.. Your right. there is no way to make facebook listen quicker.

They get thousands of thousands of support requests a week..

The respond as fast as they can!

Yeah, I'm done here, Dustin and done in. Sorry you couldn't help me. I was a step or two ahead of you each time and you kind of offered me verification that I was doing the right stuff. I don't want to be charged. What do I do?
I wil put in a refund request for you.. after you let me know the answer below.

Question.. did you sign up for the monthly service? or just a one time answer?
One time. $18
Ok.. in that case.. i will put the refund request in..

Since its the weekend.. allow it a few days to process..

Thank you for trying us out. Have a great weekend!
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist