Omer Mushahwar
Omer Mushahwar, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  I work with Mac Computers and Servers on a daily basis
37817776

Receiving iTunes error iTunes was unable to load provider

Customer Question

Receiving iTunes error "iTunes was unable to load provider data from Sync Services. Reconnect or try again later." and I'm unable to sync my iPhone. Please advise.
Mike Erway
Category: Mac
Expert:  Joseph replied 7 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Joseph :

Hello

Joseph :

1. Close Itunes.
2. Search for the file sqlite3.dll. This file was in my C:windows/SysWOW64 directory.

3. Drag this file on to your desktop. Get it out of that directory.

4. Restart Itunes

Expert:  Joseph replied 7 years ago.
Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

This file was not located in C:windows/SysWOW64 rather in C:\Program Files\iTunes. I moved this file to my Desktop and attempted to restart iTunes and am now receiving error "This application has failed to start because SQLite3.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." I did move the file back, then was able to start iTunes again. However, I'm still receiving the original error. Also should mention that the "Sinc Contacts with" option on the Info tab is blank, does not list Outlook. I believe this is somehow related.

Expert:  Joseph replied 7 years ago.
Per Apple Support:

Search in Windows [C drive] folder for:

libxml2.dll
sqlite3.dll

rename all instances of these 2 files (Change them both .dl_)

Hook up your iphone and see what happens.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\libxml2.dll renamed to libxml2.dl_

C:\Program Files\iTunes\SQLite3.dll renamed to SQLite3.dl_

Attempted to start iTunes and received error ""This application has failed to start because SQLite3.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Renamed SQLite3.dl_ back to SQLite3.dll and then attempted to start iTunes, but received error ""This application has failed to start because libxml2.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Renamed libxml2.dl_ back to libxml2.dll, started iTunes successfully, but still receiving same original error.

Expert:  Joseph replied 7 years ago.
You have to delete all your backups from ITUNES. IF you uninstal Itunes those backups wont be removed so you have to remote them manually.
The error you get is just because your backup is corrupt and Itunes cannot recover it so it gives up the error and leave you nowhere.
As soon as you remove your backup directory from Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\ (Click Run and Enter this path to open this folder)

For Windows Xp users , the path will be C:\Document and Settings[YOUR USERNAME]\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

Delete all the directories that exsist in backup
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I removed iTunes completely following the instructions on Apple's site: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1925

Use the Control Panel to uninstall iTunes and related software components in the following order:

1. iTunes
  2. QuickTime
  3. Apple Software Update
  4. Apple Mobile Device Support
  5. Bonjour
  6. Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)

Local Disk (C:) located in Computer

Open the Program Files folder.

Right-click the iTunes folder, choose Delete, and choose Yes when asked to confirm the deletion. Note: This folder may have already been deleted if iTunes was successfully removed.

Right-click the QuickTime folder (if it exists), choose Delete, and choose Yes when asked to confirm the deletion. Click Continue if Windows needs confirmation or permission to continue.

Open the Common Files folder. Right-click the Apple folder (if it exists), choose Delete, and choose Yes when asked to confirm the deletion. Click Continue if Windows needs confirmation or permission to continue.

Right-click the Recycle Bin and choose Empty Recycle Bin

I also deleted the entire C:\Document and Settings\mperway\\Application Data\Apple Computer folder so this included the backups that you suggested in your email.

Lastly I loaded a fresh copy of iTunes, connected my iPhone and still received the error: iTunes was unable to load provider data from Sync Services. Reconnect or try aggain later.

Please advise.

Expert:  Joseph replied 7 years ago.
I will opt out as I am running out of ideas.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Wish I could; thanks for trying!
Expert:  Omer Mushahwar replied 7 years ago.

My first question is have you tried a different USB port? Sometimes it could be a USB port issue and another port could work.

Please check and try another cable if possible if not or another port doesnt work please try the steps below

FIrst thing we need to do is download the windows installer clean up utility

You can download the utility here it is a utility in windows that can remove programs as long as the windows installer has access to them. Save the file to the desktop, right click on it and say run as administrator.

Once you install this

Click Start > Click All Programs > Click on the program Windows Installer Cleaner Utility

You should the be given a list of programs this can remove please check all Apple programs that appear ie Bonjour, Quick Time, Mobile Device, Itunes

Once this has successfully removed

do a reboot/restart your computer.

When the computer comes back up go download a fresh install from apples website

The go to C \Program Files\ and delete the itunes folder

The go to C:\documents and settings\YOURUSERNAME\Application Data\and delete the apple computer folder and one that says apple if there

the go to C:\Program Files\Common Files and delete the apple folder

Reboot after reboot run the install for itunes you downloaded earlier

Please let me know if you have any questions

Edited by Omer Mushahwar on 8/3/2010 at 8:11 PM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your time, this is all information that I have tried multiple times. Finally resolved to contact Apple directly and open Case on this issue. Have not used this site before. Do I Opt out of this question or Reply in some way to close it? Or should I keep it open in case Apple is unable to resolve the problem?

Sure If you would like the question closed and a refund of your deposit simply reply with that or if you want to keep it open you can do that to.

While you do the above steps they were never done in this order its worth trying if you have the time if not thats cool too and good luck with your apple case

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

If interested, I finally resolved this issue by logging onto the PC locally with the Administrator account rather than onto the network with the users account. Had to then setup the Outlook to connect to the Exchange account externally. For some reason this then recognized Outook and was able to sync properly. Go figure...