Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My email account on the MAC (from googlemail) is stuck! It

Customer Question
My email account on the...
My email account on the MAC (from googlemail) is stuck!
It is always busy trying to send an attachment that goes into the "recovered messages"
I've already deleted the message but no improvements....
Many thanks
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/2/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Joseph, Mac Software Engineer replied 7 years ago
Joseph
Joseph, Mac Software Engineer
Chat Conversation Started
Joseph :

Hello

Joseph :

Are you using the default mail client on mac

Joseph :

or Safari browser?

Customer:

Customer:

I think it is the default mail, safari is the browser for internet...

Joseph :

OK

Joseph :

Try your safari and see if you can log into gmail

Joseph :

Let know if you can get in

Customer:

yes I can log into gmail fine from the net, also from the mac it works but it is very slow

Joseph :

ok

Joseph :

Log in to Gmail using Safari and see if you have any Lab items turned on.

Customer:

what is a lab item??

Joseph :

Also tell me

Joseph :

Whats the exact web address that you are trying fr reaching gmail

Joseph :

?

Joseph :

The web link

Joseph :

like www.gmail. etc

Customer:

I just go on google and click on gmail at the top... but gmail if working fine, is the mac that keep trying to recover an attachment that in gmail doesn't exist anymore

Customer:

the attachment is a 41 mb video clip that I've tried to send on 21 july, and now I have 73 of the same in recovered messages folder and it keeps going....

Customer:

ok, where do I type that link?

Joseph :

In safari

Joseph :

see if it make any diference in speed.

Customer:

trying now....

Joseph :

k

Customer:

ok but the account gmail in itself it is fine!! It is from the email interface on the MAC that there is always the circle busy next to the gmail account.....

Joseph :

Better configure it again.

Customer:

how can I do that??

Joseph :

Give me a minte

Joseph :

I will expalin

Customer:

ok

Joseph :

See if the Video helps.

Joseph :

I will change the mode to Q&A so you can try it and contact me later.

Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
I will have a go now and let you know
Sure.
It does not let me delete the account on the mac, if I try to create a new mailbox with the same details, it tells me that allready exist.....
From the home screen, click settings. Click Mail. Click the account. Click "Delete Account" at the bottom. Done.

or

Choose Preferences from the Mail menu.

Click Accounts.

Select the account you want to delete.

Click Remove.

Edited by Joseph on 8/2/2010 at 10:26 AM EST
Joseph
Joseph
Joseph, Mac Software Engineer