Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I get an error with Java script - it is suggested that I update

Customer Question
it but your software update...
I get an error with Java script - it is suggested that I update it but your software update says I am uptodate here are the error details
Please advise
Java Plug-in 1.5.0_24
Using JRE version 1.5.0_24-b02-357-9M3165 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = /Users/tomyarrow
----------------------------------------------------
c: clear console window
f: finalize objects on finalization queue
g: garbage collect
h: display this help message
l: dump classloader list
m: print memory usage
o: trigger logging
p: reload proxy configuration
q: hide console
r: reload policy configuration
s: dump system and deployment properties
t: dump thread list
v: dump thread stack
x: clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Mac
8/2/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Joseph, Mac Software Engineer replied 7 years ago
Joseph
Joseph, Mac Software Engineer
Chat Conversation Started
Joseph :

Hello

Joseph :

I will try to help you

Joseph :

You might have to install latest Java on your computer.

Joseph :

Try the above link to update it

Joseph :

Let me know how it goes.

Joseph :

Apple Computer supplies their own version of Java. Use the Software Update feature (available on the Apple menu) to check that you have the most up-to-date version of Java for your Mac.

Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
I have been to the link you suggest and it tells me this
Use the Software Update feature (available on the Apple menu) to check that you have the most up-to-date version of Java for your Mac.

As this tells me that my apple software is up to date I assume that I have the correct Java Scrip installed
SO WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
Are you getting this issue with Safari ?
Yes - would you suggest I try it with Firefox?
Let me know whether you are getting similar errors with Firefox.
Yes exactly the same
Give me the link that you are trying.
http://www.yellowbridge.com/chinese/wordsearch.php?searchMode=I&characterMode=s&dialect=M&word=17921

this brings up the Chinese character page and I am using ? - you should click
Strock Order and see what happens.
Murphy's Law would say it will work for you

Regards

Tom Yarrow
OK, I got the same, A Java Warning. So it a common issue and its from the server not in your computer. Your computer and Browsers are fine. Issue is with the Website.

Try the same in any other computer, you will get the issue.

Joseph
Joseph, Mac Software Engineer
Joseph
Joseph
Joseph, Mac Software Engineer