Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I am transferring my hardrive on my desktop onto my laptop

Customer Question
via firewire. I rebooted...
I am transferring my hardrive on my desktop onto my laptop via firewire. I rebooted the desktop holding down the "T" key and can now see my desktop hardrive on my laptop...but what do I do now? I seem to be missing a step...last time I did this all my files, applications etc., transferred automatically onto my laptop. How do I make that happen again?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Mac
8/1/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 7 years ago
Mike, Mac Medic
You need to go to Applications/Utilities/Migration Assistant.app and open that. Follow the prompts.
Applications/Utilities/Migration Assistant.app on the hardrive or on the laptop?
On the laptop with the dresktop drive mounted on its desktop.
ok, I did that...it's asking for a admin password XXXXX won't take it...is it maybe a problem that the admin password XXXXX both the hardrive and the laptop are the same?
No are you sure they are the same?
i am pretty sure...how would I check?
Try to install acrobat or some other program to see if the password XXXXX are using is correct on both machines.
Mike, Mac Medic
Thanks!
Mike, Mac Medic