Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

The itunes library does not show up in the music pane of iMovie.

Customer Question
I upgraded all to current...
The itunes library does not show up in the music pane of iMovie. I upgraded all to current versions. What can I do? Thanks. Ellen Torrence
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Mac
7/26/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Lindie-mod,
 replied 7 years ago
Lindie-mod

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question!

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when:

1. the question may be unclear
2. the question seems to require an answer for something that cannot be explained online adequately
3. the Experts that are online simply don't have the resources to answer your question fully
4. the question price you selected is too low for the complexity of the question

Please feel free to re-word your question or increase the price if you feel that may be the reason. Of course you are not required to increase the price. :)

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,
Lindie
Moderator

In iMovie, all of iPhoto, iTunes, Transitions and Titles are readily available to insert into a movie. iTunes is not visible in iMovie, as if iMovie cannot finds the iTunes library or there is nothing in it. The library is in Documents, I have never moved it. How can I get iMovie to recognize iTunes so that i can access all my music for background in movies?
Mac Support Specialist: iteachmac, The Duke! replied 7 years ago
iteachmac
iteachmac, The Duke!
Hi , I would like to help .

The library is in documents ?

The itunes Library is normally stored in your User folder / Music / iTunes , folder.

Mac HD / Users / Youruser / Music / iTunes

Can you check if the MP3s and music files are in the correct default location ?
If it is not we can try relocating it to the default location , this maybe the issue.

Thanks.

Edited by iteachmac on 7/26/2010 at 4:52 PM EST
You are correct, the iTunes library is in the users/music/iTunes folder. IMovie still does not "see"it.
Hi , Ok .

Short term fix : you can drag MP3 audio files etc from the Artist folders contained inside the itunes music folder, to the imovie time-line to continue your work .

Or select the needed Music file in the itunes library / playlist , right mouse button Show in finder. A finder window opens with the File located inside . Drag the file to the imovie time-line etc.

I will have to do some research on this issue and get back to you .

Thanks.
iteachmac
iteachmac
iteachmac, The Duke!