Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Compose mail does not highlight and I get a yellow Loading

Customer Question
Compose mail does not highlight...
Compose mail does not highlight and I get a yellow "Loading" and won't stop. Also, I can't forward e-mails as format for forwarding does not come up
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Mac
7/13/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 7 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

Are you using Safari to access Gmail ?
Yes
Okay..i think its a gmail sever problem problem. It also happens to me and also to other clients in here. Sometimes it works and sometimes it didn't. So, first we can reset Safari and also Empty the Cache. I tried resetting safari and it did work for me. I hope it'll work for you also.

Open Safari, click on Safari (menu) select Reset Safari. From the Reset Safari box, select all options click Reset

Also Empty the Cache of safari from Safari (menu) > Empty Cache

(Resetting the safari and emptying cache will remove your saved usernames and passwords, bad cookies and history)

So add a bookmark of this page before resetting, so you don't lose our connection.

Let me know if that works or not..

Best Regards,

Edited by Ashik on 7/13/2010 at 12:35 PM EST
Your suggestion did not work
Okay..i found a temporary solution. You have to switch back to a older version of Gmail page. Goto www.gmail.com and in the Gmail page, click the 'Older version' link on the bottom of the page. This will switch into older version of Gmail page. If you have no problem in the older version, you can use it until Gmail fix the new version.
graphic

Also, i think only Safari users have this problem. I tried Gmail on my PC and i have no problem but have the same problem with Safari in Gmail. So i switched to older version and it worked in Safari.

Let me know how it goes..

Best Regards,
I'll try with the older version and see what happens
Okay...Also try Gmail in another Browser like Mozilla Firefox

Download Firefox from here : http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html

Edited by Ashik on 7/13/2010 at 1:02 PM EST
The "older version" works sometimes and then it locks up
In that case, try Gmail Basic, click 'Basic Html' on the bottom of the page. Gmail basic is faster than Gmail Standard page. Try it and please let me know..
I'm trying "basic Html"
Will let you know if it works
Is Google aware of this problem?

I don't know, but i think they are. Also, i want you to try Gmail in another browser like Mozilla Firefox and see if you are able to open Gmail in it.

If I change browser will I be able to get back to Safari?
You are not changing browser, but you are adding a new browser. You can get back to Safari at any time you want and also you can run Safari and Firefox at the same time.
I downloaded firefox and I get firefox start.
what does that mean. Nothing happens when I click onto firefox in the doc.
Install Firefox, see picture below to know about installing Firefox.
graphic

I did all that and whenever I click onto Firefox in my doc I get "Firefox Start" then Google search.

I'm a 77 yr old lady who enjoyed my Mac, Safari, and g-mail until it quit working. I guess I'm not sophisticated enough to figure this out. Any suggestions so I can use Firefox now that I have it installed.
I will help you to run Firefox. Does Firefox started successfully (Firefox is like Safari) ?

Can you see the address/url bar on the top ?

(URL/Address bar is a text box which we normally type the web addresses like www.gmail.com, www.youtube.com etc)
I think I've got it. But I have some questins. Like how do you delete from the bookmarks? This is all stuff I guess I will have to re-learn.
I don't understand your question. You want to delete bookmarks from Firefox ?
Yes. I have some stuff that I don't use anymore and on Safari I can easily delete items from my bookmarks
One more question, are you able to access Gmail in Firefox ?
Yes I can but I can't respond to you on firefox. I'm getting exhausted with all of this. I guess I will just fumble thru and hope Google fixes their g-mail on Safari
You can respond to me on Firefox. In Firefox goto this link : http://www.justanswer.com/questions/3qorh-compose-mail-does-not-highlight-and-i-get-a-yellow-loading

To delete Bookmarks in Firefox, click on the Bookmarks menu and select "Organize Bookmarks". In Organize bookmarks, select the bookmark you want to delete and press the delete key. Or right click on any bookmark and click "delete" from popup menu.
Ashik, Mac Technician
Ashik, Mac Technician