Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Hi All; Last night my Mac G5 (purchased in 2002) would not

Customer Question
Hi All; Last night my Mac...
Hi All;

Last night my Mac G5 (purchased in 2002) would not start up properly. The status light would blink 3 times about every 7 seconds and the monitor would not illuminate. After 5 minutes or so the fan would then start to become loud. Almost as though the computer was overheating and the fan was attempting to compensate for this. I tried using the Startup & Repair CD, but that did not help (still nothing on the display). My attempts to locate information on the web were somewhat helpful, but I was unable to determine if anyone was able to resolve similar issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-Mark
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Mac
7/2/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 7 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Ashik :

Hi My Name isXXXXX hope i can help you

Ashik :

Is this a iMac ?

Customer:

Hi Ashik:

Customer:

The computer is a Mac G5 (not iMac)

Customer:

My knowledge of computers is somewhat limited

Ashik :

Is this Power Mac G5 ?

Ashik :

See picture:

Full Size Image

Customer:

Yes. I just refreshed and saw your response

Customer:

Some of the text I wrote earlier is not coming up on the screen.

Ashik :

What texts ? Can you resend them ?

Ashik :

Are you using Power Mac ? (see the picture above)

Are you using Power Mac G5 ?

Edited by Ashik on 7/2/2010 at 5:34 PM EST

Most of my writing is not coming up on the screen. This format doesn't seem to be working well for me.

We have some problem with out Chat feature now, so i switched back to this Q&A mode. Can you resend them again ?

I just couldn't figure out when you responded to my questions because much of your chat was delayed

It might be best if we just cancel this because I am unable to navigate through this. I certainly don't mind paying you money for your services, but this format is incredibly frustrating.

I'm now getting your replies...can you tell me your exact model of your Mac ? (so i can answer your question)

Which is your Mac in the pictures below :

Picture 1 :
graphic

Picture 2 :
graphic

Picture 3:
graphic
If you don't want to continue, you can close the question and no need to pay me.
Ashik, Mac Technician