Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Hi. Is there any way to upload youtube clips to iTunes I

Hi. Is there any...
Hi. Is there any way to upload youtube clips to iTunes? I am using a MacBook and iTunes 9.1.1. Thank you. Donna Maloney
7/2/2010
Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help.

Yes, you can use a product called TubeTV (get it here). It will copy any video in YouTube into iTunes for you.

That should do it. If what I recommended doesn't help, or if you have additional questions, please let me know and we can continue troubleshooting.
Hi. I am apparently technologically challenged... I have tried dragging and dropping the videos I want to my desktop as well as pasting the code to my desktop but cannot get the TubeTV to recognize the format- how do I download the youtube videos to my computer so I can use them with the TubeTv program?
You open TubeTV, then paste the web address (that's in the top bar of your web browser) into TubeTV. From there it downloads and converts the video for iTunes.
I choose download from Safari and the program tells me it has finished downloading the wanted file but then immediately following, gives me an error message. When I choose convert file my only options are within the computer and there is no place to drag and drop the address. I am sorry- I am sure it is something I am just not getting ...
So you've downloaded TubeTV, but when you try to open it, you get an error message? Or has TubeTV downloaded succesfully, but the video file is the problem? Either way, let me know, and let me know what the error message is.
I have downloaded TubeTv and actually successfully used it to convert a movie someone had downloaded on my computer without difficulties. The problem lies in getting a file from youTube. I have been getting the file I want up on Safari and then choosing the TubeTv option "download from Safari". I almost immediately get a message that the down load is complete preceeded by a green check mark. The time counter underneath the download is 00.00.00. That is then immediately followed by a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in the center with the message "name of file 00.00.01 error"
Did you drag TubeTV to your applications folder, and then open it? If not, quit it, drag it into Applications, open it from there, and try again.
I did that initially and have been opening it from my app folder. Should I reinstall it?
No, I don't think so. I'm not an expert in that app. I've personally used it, and recommended it numerous times without this error.

Have you tried saving the file anyway, from TubeTV?
How do I save it from uTube to my computer? It seemed when I looked that my save options were to save to a fav. folder, playlist (which I assumed are uTube folders and not on my computer), e-mail or paste it on Facebook or some other program along that line. I would be quite content to actually simply save utube files to my computer and not just the links.
I meant save it from the TubeTV application. Try pasting the link directly in TubeTV, rather than using the Download from Safari button.
when I open TubeTv there is no screen opening on my computer. All I get is the TubeTv bar across the top of the computer screen. The only way to get a screen to work with is to open one of the choices I mentioned above (safari, convert and email link) from the file choices. My choices are TVTube, File, Edit, view, navigate, window and help.
Okay, looks like YouTube may have updated and now prevents this software from working the way it used to. The conversion feature works fine, but follow these instructions for downloading movies from YouTube to get them on your computer first:

1. Open the YouTube page in Safari that has the movie you want.
2. From the Window menu, choose the Activity option.
3. Scoll down the list of files that appear, and look for the largest in size.
4. Once you've found the largest file, double click it, and it will begin downloading.
5. Once it's finished downloading, open TubeTV, and use the conversion tool to put it in iTunes.
Hi. I followed above instructions and by double clicking the file it played the video but where would it have downloaded to? I've checked my download folder and it is not there
If you're in Safari, and you double click the largest file listing in the Activity window, it should begin downloading. If it doesn't, you're not clicking the right link. It should look something like this, with the line highlighted in blue being what you need to doubleclick:
graphic
I did and managed to find the file in my download folder. When I tried to use the conversion tool on it however I got the same error message as before. At the very bottom (I did see this before but didn't mention it) was a message "1 task in queue, 1 running". Even when I cleared the error messages and there was nothing was in the box that message remained and did not change when I tried again to convert- not that that will help you, but it is the only thing I hadn't mentioned- I've also tried converting it a number of ways- for iPhone, iPod, Apple TV and as a movie and music video.
Jessie- I have to go out for a couple of hours. I will check back when I return- I apologize for being so slow with this. Thank you so far for your help and maybe this can yet be figured out....
Okay, let me know when you're back and we'll continue.
Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Sorry- hit accept by mistake as we are still working on this- I'm back. Thanks Jesse
Since I accidently hit "accepted" do I need to re-open this?
No, I'm still here, I just stepped out.

Alright, let's forget TubeTV for a second. SInce you have the video downloaded, try this converter instead.
do I want the intel or power pc version
YAY!!!!!! It worked. Now here is a question. They offer a bundle pack that includes this specific program along with 2 others-
Only $59.00
$113.00
DVD Ripper Pack for Mac
Mac DVD Ripper + Mac Video Converter + Mac DVD Copy
Rip DVD and convert video for all mobile players and copy DVD on Mac

Rip DVD to almost all mobile players for Mac.
Convert video to almost all mobile players for Mac.
Copy DVD for Mac with DVD protections removed.
Free Download Buy Now

Does this mean I would be able to copy dvd's I have to my computer?
What do you personally think of this offer?
Those are good deals and if thats something you think you'll be doing a lot of and you found the flv converter easy to use, go for it.
Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Jesse
Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist