Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience
27955634

I want to re-title photos in iphoto. No problem! Bt when

I want to re-title photo's in iphoto.
No problem!
Bt when I drag them out, they have reverted back to their original file name i.e. IMG_5463 etc. How can I prevent this. I ned to send them, with titles!
Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help.

Rather than dragging the photos out of iPhoto, select which photos you want to send, and choose the File->Export option. In that window, makes sure the Use Titles option is checked, and it will change the file names to whatever they are set to in iPhoto.

That should do it. If what I recommended doesn't help, or if you have additional questions, please let me know and we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi Jesse.
I'd given up waiting after 90 minutes. But thanks for the reply.

1) My choice of 'dragging out' to then attach the images to additional text information I will be regularly sending, is far quicker and more practical for my purposes.
Previously, new file names were not important, so I had never come across this problem.
But they are now.

2) If I use your suggested method, where are the images exported to?
Where will I find the exported image?
(Excuse my stupidity. I'm no computer wizz kid!)

Thanks

I apologize for the delay, thanks for your patience.

They can be set to send to wherever you like, so the same location you would otherwise drag them to is an option.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is a method, but it does not answer why dragging them out with a new title, then gets lost as soon as it arrives on the desktop, and appears as the original title. i.e. IMG_4321 etc
The resaon the Export feature works, is because it copies and processes the image and changes the image name to the title from iPhoto (as well as adding other meta data that you've created in iPhoto). Dragging them out simply copies the original file (which always retains it's original name) to the location you drag it to.

The botXXXXX XXXXXne is, the Title field is specific to iPhoto, and can only be applied to the physical image file through the Export option.