Mac Tech
Mac Tech, Apple Specialist
Experience:  7 + Years Supporting Apple Products
30013869

Hi. Im having trouble with iDVD. Once I open the application

Customer Question

Hi. I'm having trouble with iDVD. Once I open the application and start a new project, I click create and the app just hangs. (spinning ball) Any ideas on my issue? I just installed the latest update and it's still not working.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 7 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for letting me assist you with your issue(s).

Ok, first go to Utilities\Disk Utility and run the Highlight your disk and then run "repair disk permissions" then try again and let me know the outcome.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks, Richard. I tried a Restore and iDVD still isn't working beyond create new project. Then it just hangs. Am I supposed to restore my whole HD (which I did)? There are also 2 entries under iDVD??? I'm confused and really need help. Can you talk live?
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 7 years ago.
Looks like you have two installations of the same program. This is much more complicated. Why did you do the additional installation/re installation?
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 7 years ago.
Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So, this is a scam?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
I need some real help and this person doesn't seem qualified to help with iDVD.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I installed a later version because I was having similar "hanging" issues. For $18 I need some troubleshooting help. Can't you open up a window and do a live chat? I need to get a project finished tonight and I need some real time assistance. How do I uninstall?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 7 years ago.
Drag to the Trash and then reinstall.