Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just bought a Canon camcorder Legria FS306 - and the enclosed…

I just bought a Canon...
I just bought a Canon camcorder Legria FS306 - and the enclosed software by Pixela is only for Windows. The computer/camera connection cord warns to only connect it with that cord AFTER installing the software, which I can't do. I have a feeling imovie will work, but I'm afraid to use that cord. What should I do? The os I have is OS X 10.4
thanks!
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/29/2010
Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help.

You can't harm the camcorder or your computer, just from connecting them. Make sure the camcorder is connected to a power source, plug it into your computer and open iMovie.

With the camera on, see if iMovie recognizes it. If it doesn't, let me know, and I can provide additional information.

That should do it. If what I recommended doesn't help, or if you have additional questions, please let me know and we can continue troubleshooting.
Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
yes- thank you.
i do have another question if i may- for some reason i don't know my password XXXXX my "mail" the application with the eagle in the blue postage stamp. it's not listed on my keychain either. Any other place I can find it? I don't usually use it but i would if i could.
It should be your email account password (that you would login online with). If you haven't used it in awhile, you may need to recreate the email account in Mail. As a security measure, mail providers will lock out programs that check your mail, if they haven't been used in awhile.