Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My wireless HP Photosmart C4780 keeps losing its network connection.

Customer Question
Can you assist me in...
My wireless HP Photosmart C4780 keeps losing its network connection. Can you assist me in getting it to "stay on task"?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/29/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Mac Technician replied 8 years ago
Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Good day,

Is this a new install?

When did it stop working?

Does it print sometimes or not at all?

How far away from the router, is the printer?

Thank you.
It has been functioning wireless for a couple of months. We were gone for a week and it could not find the network on our return. This has happened once before. No one had access to the computer, router or printer during our absence.

It only prints when I have cabled to the iMac. The printer and router are about 3-4 feet apart and this has been the constant positioning since we installed the printer.
Ok,

- Turn off the router and the printer
- Turn on the Router
- Wait 2 minutes
- Turn on the printer
- Wait 2 minutes
- Try a test print.

Do you get any errors?
I did as directed but the printer continues not to print
My problem as NOT been solved so I refuse to accept the answer and will dispute the charge on my American Express account!
Do you wish to continue troubleshooting this issue or do you still want a refund?
Lets press on as I need the wireless feature of the printer.