Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Hi I have a problem with my g-mail. I was accessing all

Customer Question
Hi <br /> <br />I...
Hi <br /> <br />I have a problem with my g-mail. I was accessing all my gmail through my email site on my Mac laptop. Little did I know while erasing old email on my laptop the internet portion of google email was not being updated. I had the bright idea over the weekend to delete over 3500 emails on the g-mail site. So then I looked into the "sent" category and deleted those. While deleting I got a warning which I probably should have heeded. It said, are you sure you want to delete these and I pushed yes.   <br />So since that time, I have not been able to send or receive from my laptop, sending me a message to put in my password, which it rejected, multiple times and was told the that even the internet site was down for updates. I was told by a technician at the local Apple store that I had some Apple updates to complete so I just approved all the updates. After the upgrades my Mac email is wiped clean... nothing in it! Right now I can access Gmail through the internet, using my usual password. Tried calling Google but tech support is closed and they directed me to you. <br /> <br />Update, I do not think my internet email is receiving as my password XXXXX rejected in your system and no new password XXXXX sent to me when I clicked on ?forgot password? My home phone is xxxxxxx. I will be up until 10 PM Eastern time.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/29/2010
Mac Support Specialist: VanMagnus Systems, Mac Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Mac Support Specialist
What email program are you using? Outlook or Mail....?
I am using the email icon on my mac lap top. Do not believe it is outlook.
Please see below for your solution:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61449

and

http://www.prosofteng.com/

The product is called Data Rescue at this Site. You can use their product to recover your deleted Emails. It is "Highly" effective.
This program is downloading emails from 2008! Think I will go back to the 3500 plus emails on my gmail!
Is that not what you wanted?
Well, the undeleted emails stopped at June 1, 2009. So I have a zillion undeleted emails from 2008-2009 but none since then.... That's no big deal, as I will delete them as long as I don't mess it up again.

Guess I was really more concerned about my inbox being totally wiped out (along with deleted emails) and should have specified which one was more of a priority.

The good news is I am getting new emails from Gmail on my work computer and email site on my laptop.

The not so good news is Gmail will not accept my password, nor will it allow me to set up a new one.

Thanks for your help.

OK. I have to ask. You are now having a Gmail Password XXXXX?

Here is there Customer Support Number:
(NNN) NNN-NNNN
I have tried both this telephone number and a 650 google number, both of them direct me back to the website. I tried multiple categories and there is no way to speak with a person. Unless if you know the extension or name of the person to speak with. Can you direct me further?
OK. You needed to request Technical Support.
I did and it said google no longer answers questions over the phone and to go to the website.
OK...Give me some time. I will find a contact person for you.