Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My Macbook Air is awful when it comes to buffering, making…

Customer Question
My Macbook Air is awful...
My Macbook Air is awful when it comes to buffering, making it hard to watch movies, or TV shows from the web. Is there any way I can increase the extent of the buffering so that I get a smoother result?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/28/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Jesse, Mac Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help.

The first thing to try is a different browser. So if you're using Firefox, try the same page in Safari. Also, try pausing the video just after it starts, and waiting a few minutes before hitting play again.

Generally, poor buffering has to do with the speed of your internet connection. If you're sure that's fast enough, check your Software Updates from the Apple menu in the upper left corner of your screen.

The only other thing might be to try restarting while holding down the Shift key on your keyboard (you only need to hold it until you see the Apple logo appear).

That should do it. If what I recommended doesn't help, or if you have additional questions, please let me know and we can continue troubleshooting.