Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just installed OSX Leopard into my husbands Mac G5 1.8.

Customer Question
I just installed OSX Leopard...
I just installed OSX Leopard into my husband's Mac G5 1.8. I get constant HPIO Trap Monitor quits. I've looked at the forums, but I am not that tech savy. I went on the HP web site to see about downloading a new driver for the HP Photosmart C7250 printer we have connected, but all that is offered is a new driver for Snow Leopard, not Leopard. Do I have to now install Snow Leopard to be able to download the update for the printer.

Imi
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/28/2010
Mac Support Specialist: VanMagnus Systems, Mac Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Mac Support Specialist
Hi thank you for choosing just answer for you IT support needs. You can remove the HPIO trap monitor from your system drive and it will no longer plague you.

It is unfortunate that it is not completely compatible with 10.5.X and above.
The trap monitor is located here for you to delete;

Open Macintosh HD/Library/Printers/HP/HPIO/HPIO Trap Monitor/

Edited by VanMagnus Systems on 6/28/2010 at 7:23 PM EST
VanMagnus Systems
Not for now, just wanted to say thanks. Imi
Oh, thank you kindly...Cool