Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

my email accounts have been removed except for my .mac account.

Customer Question
How can I retrieve them...
my email accounts have been removed except for my .mac account. How can I retrieve them? I cannot access the other e mails. only this page, so please do not try to e mail me.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/28/2010
Mac Support Specialist: MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Hello, and thank you for asking your question,
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could you provide me with the following information, so I can better assist you with your technical question:
• What version of Mac OS X are you using on your Mac?
(i.e. Mac OS X 10.6.3 or Mac OS X 10.5.8, etc.)
( If not sure how to check version of Mac OSX system- Click on Apple icon (Apple Menu) on upper left corner of screen- from the menu select "About this Mac" - you will see your version in the popup window)

• Are you using Mac OS X mail application for all of your accounts including your .Mac account?

• Also, when you mention "removed" do you mean the other accounts have been removed or deleted from your Mac OS X Mail account, except your .Mac email account?

• What services are your other email accounts from? (i.e. Gmail, MSN, Yahoo!, Comcast.net,Verizon.net., etc)

Your answers to the questions I have submitted, will allow me to work with more detailed information, in order to effectively answer your question.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX be looking forward to your reply. Thank you!

Regards,

-Terry
OSX

I had 3 other accounts incoming from networksolutions. I was sending an e mail and received a message from my mac account popped up. I don't know what the message was, butI had to accept "yes" before the window would close. When I did this, all of the other accounts were removed and only the .mac account was there.
OSX 10.4.11 I did not give you the complete informaton.
Do you need more information?
Are you working on this and will you get back to me soon?
When you are working with Mac Experts from JustAnswer.com, please keep in mind, we are emailing answers to you.

It takes time to make sure we provide you the correct answers the first time, as much as possible. So we ask your patience anytime you consult with us, because if we are not responding right away, it is because we are working to provide correct data for you to use to help you resolve your issue.

Thanks for your patience, as these are instructions I have to put together that are simple and convenient for you to use.

I will be right with you. Please do not reply until I have posted an answer for you, otherwise, I may have to repost the same answer the second time which can delay you receiving your answer.

Thank you! I will be posting back to you shortly once I complete the answer I am providing you.

Regards,

-Terry
Thanks for that information update, as I was about to ask Wink.

In regards XXXXX XXXXX other email accounts, I am not sure how all 3 other accounts were deleted except for the .Mac email account.

I can tell you however, that in order to re-install these accounts back to your Mac OS X Mail application (example of that application icon-below), you will need to re-enter those email accounts into the Mac OS X Mail application.
graphic

In order to do this you will need 4 key items of information on each networksolutions email account (or any email account for that matter, which you plan to use within the Mac OS X Mail application)

Email Address

Email Password

Incoming Mail Server Address of your email service (for receiving emails)
Example of Incoming mail server: pop3.<yourmailservice>.com

Outgoing Mail Server Address of your email service (for Sending emails)
Example of Outgoing mail server:
smtp.<yourmailservice>.com -OR- smtp.<yourmailservice>net

Addtional References
Here is also a web link from Apple Support direct, which provides how to setup emails in Mac OS X Mail:

Setting up email accounts in Mail 2.0

For additional assistance for your networksolution accounts, here is also a link from that service provider for setting up your email accounts in your Mac OS X Mail 2.0 (Tiger) application:

Network Solutions- How Do I enable SMTP authentication?

These are initial instructions to assist you in setting up your email accounts. Please let me know if you have further questions and I will be glad to answer them for you as thoroughly as possible.

I will be waiting for an update from you as needed. Thank you again for your patience!

Regards,

-Terry