Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I installed my i works 09 and my Albums while shown have…

Customer Question
I installed my i works...
I installed my i works 09 and my Albums while shown have 0 photos beside it and can not be brought up. When I try to retrieve them from my D drive it warns me to use the 09 verson of i photo . Will this destroy those albums too? Dick Alexander [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/28/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Daniel, Mac Genius replied 8 years ago
Daniel, Mac Genius
Chat Conversation Started
Daniel :

Hello, my name is Dan.

Daniel :

Are you saying that iPhoto does not display your photos? None of your albums have anything in them?

What version of Mac OS X. do you have? And what version of iLife (iMovie, iPhoto, iTunes, GarageBand and iDVD) area.

If you tell me that Dick, I think we can figure this out.

Customer:

09 i life i work i photo snow leopard ghe wholw i mac box set 09

Daniel :

So you have upgraded to Snow Leopard, with all the trimmings.

The first thing I suggest you do is to restart and do a PRAM reset.

This is going to help but it may not fix it. Just so you know that because there are other things that I also want to do later.

To do a PRAM reset, you need to restart your machine and hold down these 4 keys.

Daniel :

‘Option’, ‘Command (Cloverleaf or Apple)’, ‘R’ and 'P'.

Daniel :

Keep them down until you hear 4 startup chimes.

Daniel :

If you have a wireless keyboard then the procedure is a little bit different.

Daniel :

Use the very same keys but wait until the first chime and immediately press and hold those keys. I recommend getting your fingers ready because timing is critical.

Daniel :

This resets all of the system buses on your computer, USB, FireWire, display, ethernet and your keyboard/mouse/trackpad.

Daniel :

This will correct many faults but not necessarily yours.

Daniel :

After you've done that please get back to me.

Customer:

OK ill do I installed the entire 09 mac box

Customer:

it says if i shut down I will lose this page and you wont get paid

Customer:

waiting for an answer so I know what to do

Customer:

++++should i shut down or not how do i get you back!!!!!!!!

Daniel :

Bookmark this page as you would any webpage so you can return to it.