Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just purchased Quick Time 7 Pro for Windows. I have the…

Customer Question
I just purchased Quick Time...
I just purchased Quick Time 7 Pro for Windows. I have the registration code but I can't find it on my computer and I can't seem to find the link to download it. Please help.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/27/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Jesse, Mac Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help.

Quicktime Pro is not a seperate download, it simply unlocks hidden features in your existing copy of Quicktime.

To register it, open Quicktime, and from the File or Edit menu, you should see a registration option. Select it, and enter the code you were provided.

That should do it. If what I recommended doesn't help, or if you have additional questions, please let me know and we can continue troubleshooting.
I tried that. It still doesn't seem to open a .mov file that I purchased Pro to do.
If you've registered Quicktime, then the Quicktime Pro features have been unlocked. If it's still not opening the movie file, then the movie is the problem. Try downloading and installing VLC (get it here), and see if the movie will play there.
Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Tham\nks. I finally figured out how to do it.
Great, glad we got it sorted.