Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

how can i clear all the email and spam stored on gmail server.

Customer Question
i have a macbook pro...
how can i clear all the email and spam stored on gmail server. i have a macbook pro and have well over 5,000 messages and spam that comes up every time i open 'mail' in the "all mail" section..........been waiting now for a response for about 10+ mins. is anybody there????
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/27/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Jesse, Mac Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help.

You'll need to login to your Gmail account online here, and delete the messages there. Then they won't reload when you open Mac Mail.

That should do it. If what I recommended doesn't help, or if you have additional questions, please let me know and we can continue troubleshooting.
Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Jesse, I've already been to that site but was unable to find anything that would enable me to clear all the messages in my account....James
While logged in online, select your Spam folder on the left. At the top, just above the list of messages, click the Select All option, and then th Delete Forever option above that.
Though I appreciate you accepting my answer, I would much rather solve your problem, and have you leave satisfied. If you let me know what part of my advice didn't help, I'll continue offfering advice.