Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Why am I having so much problem validfating my username and…

Customer Question
Why am I having so...
Why am I having so much problem validfating my username and password XXXXX MobileMe and my mac.com e-mail accounts?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/27/2010
Mac Support Specialist: robgranholm, Mac Genius replied 8 years ago
robgranholm
robgranholm, Mac Genius
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Robert,

I have a mac.com e-mail address for both my old MAC laptop and my Blackberry Pearl. Yesterday, I was asked to update my e-mail password XXXXX mac.com on my Blackberry. I went to MobileMe and updated password (accepted), but neither my laptop nor Blackberry accounts will validate and make the changes.
Hmm okay, that might have been the confusion. your Blackberry told you that you need to update your password XXXXX your MobileMe account? Your Blackberry has no way of knowing or telling you to update your account on mobileme ... it might have had a temporary issue where your password XXXXX accepted...like mobileme was down or something...but your blackberry or any device can't tell you that all the sudden you need to actually change your password XXXXX mobileme...so lets clarify what the message was that you got that said to change your password, then we can get to the issue and fix it up! ... also, could you share a little more how you changed the password, you logged in online at mobileme.com ... but then did you change the passwords on your blackberry or you computer?
I went first to MobileMe, and updated my Apple password--which was accepted. I then logged on to my "E-Mail Settings" by using my alternative (agilecast.com) username and password. Then I tried repeatedly to "edit" the mac.com settings, but with no luck.

Frustrated, I decided to simply "delete" the mac.com account on Blackberry, and start over with a "new account"...nothing doing. Then I went to my laptop and queried my mac.com e-mail account there. Again, no luck with a valid password.
Hmm, something got really confused here. You can still go to www.me.com and login though, using your username and password XXXXX you just set up? ... if so...how exactly are you changing this content on the laptop? I can help you first with that part.