Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Can you help me reboot Safari so that it works faster and better…

Customer Question
Can you help me reboot...
Can you help me reboot Safari so that it works faster and better? I will pay for the time it takes but I cannot do it myself. Safari has gotten so slow and I have an important email in drafts and can't seem to type a second page of the email. It seems frozen.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/27/2010
Mac Support Specialist: D.Marino, Comptia A+ and Network+ certified replied 8 years ago
D.Marino
D.Marino, Comptia A+ and Network+ certified

Hi and Welcome to Just Answers. My name is Denise.

Let's see if we can clear a little room so you can send your emails waiting before you repair your browser ok. First go to start, control panel, (if in classic view) internet options, if in regular view choose network and internet connections then choose internet options. When you have this box open choose the tab at the top that says content and look to the middle left and choose clear SSL state. A small box pops up and says it is clear, hit ok and close it and then choose the general tab and in the browser history section choose delete, at the next box delete each tab if using internet explorer 7 if using internet explorer 8 check all the little boxes and hit delete at the bottom. (I know you are using Safari but doing these steps may give you enough room to send your emails you wanted but couldn't. So when it's done close all this and go to Safari and try to send your mail and then we will fix the browser with you. I am online let me know when you have done these steps or if you need a Little more help at this stage ok? Denise

Ok after you have completed the above steps I would like to to create a shortcut on your desktop of your favorites so that you will be able to find them in a little bit. Go to start, double click my computer, then right click once on the local disk c and choose open, then double click the documents and settings folder and then double click the all users tab, You should see a folder that says favorites right click it once and choose send to then desktop(create shortcut). Now your favorites will be easy to find to put back on your new browser. From here go to the start, control panel, add and remove programs, and un install safari (your mail is kept on your ISP server and will not be lost when you do this) but your favorites would be which is why I asked you to create a short cut on your desktop. After the uninstall go to the Safari website ( http://www.apple.com/safari/download/ ) and download a fresh copy to your computer. Make sure you choose windows xp version. It will be as fast at it was when you first started using Safari. then go to your little desktop short cut for favorites and drag-and-drop it into your Safari favorites and then you should be done. And on a second note if you saved your mail waiting to be sent on your email account even though it hasn't been sent it should be there when you log back in, it is not really ever saved on your computer unless you have set your computer to do so, it stays on the server you connect to to open your mail. If this has helped please hit accept so I can be paid for working with you and if you are still having trouble I will be here till you get things working correctly. Thanks Denise