Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

i have created a dvd on dvd studio pro on a separate mac computer,

Customer Question
but only my mac can...
i have created a dvd on dvd studio pro on a separate mac computer, but only my mac can play it. no other dvd player or pc can play the dvd. It is a dvd formatted disc and the pc's aswell as my dvd player is up to date. What should I do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/27/2010
Mac Support Specialist: iteachmac, The Duke! replied 8 years ago
iteachmac
iteachmac, The Duke!
Hi ,

What format is the disk you have made in ?

Is it burnt as a movie DVD ?

To check this , pop in the DVD , open the DVD folder .

Inside the folder should be a VIDEO_TS folder , and AUDIO_TS folder .

Is this true ?

Also have you burnt to a dual layer , DL DVD , are the other computers compatible with dual layer if so ?

Also is the disk media -R or +R ? , this again may stop other computers or players from playing the DVD .

Thanks.