Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just installed os4 on my 3g and now several apps dont work.

Customer Question
I just installed os4 on...
I just installed os4 on my 3g and now several apps don't work. The seem to be apps that need to connect to a server. The netfix portion of an app called i.TV says it can't connect to the server. News readers like Dvice and SyFy' Wire crash. I can't log on the Comixology. These are some of my favorites and now they don't work. Help please!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/27/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Jesse, Mac Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help.

Have you checked the App Store for updates? Also, delete, and redownload the Apps. Even they're paid apps, you won't be charged a second time, it will recognize that you've already purchased them and let you redownload.

That should do it. If what I recommended doesn't help, or if you have additional questions, please let me know and we can continue troubleshooting.
Didn't work.
While the phone is plugged into your computer, and iTunes is open, click the Restore button. Let that run and try them again.
Still no go. When I restore to factory defults, I'm still stuck with os4 and after reinstalling the apps they still don't work. Any way to switch back to the previous os? These apps worked great with the old os, I know it's not the app.
Not legitamate ways, no. There are ways to do it, but they're not recommended. I would just keep watching your App Store updates.
Relist: Answer quality.
An answer of "delete and reinstall," and "run the restore" are simplistic and and basic. I don't need an "expert" to suggest those. Not answers worth $18.