Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Hi marks here, again. I have an hp. photosmart 4240 printer/

Hi marks here, again....
Hi marks here, again. I have an hp. photosmart 4240 printer/ scaner. brand new ink cartig, --- when print I from the scaner, I get color. but when I print from the computer, I only get bk/wht.--- On prinetr its self, it says . usb. not connected, but yes, they are. It prints the page Im looking at , but only in blk/wht.
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/26/2010
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi Mark, Good to see you again.

What version of Mac OS X are you using ? (Click on the Apple icon and select "About This Mac")
HI. Ashih. My computer is mac. 10.4.11/prossessor/1.8GHZ./[email protected] ddr sdram/ Startup disk mac HD. The print work good but only in blk.&wht. my hp. scans &print good color, but from comptuer to print, I only get BLK. WHT. THANKS MARK.
Hi Mark,
We can first try to reset the Printing Settings from your Mac. May be that'll fix the problems with colors.

1. In the Finder, choose Utilities from the Go menu.
  2. Open Printer Setup Utility.
  3. From the Printer Setup Utility menu, choose Reset Printing System.
  4. Click Reset or Reset Printing Systemgraphic
  5. Now, try to print.

Please let me know how it goes...and only click Accept after it worked.

Best Regards,
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi, Ashik , The sorry, it took awhile for me to rely. it didn't work. When I reset Printer Utility Reset, Nothing changed, I did this several times. It got worse. Now the printer won't print anything (just sluggish, then sometimes fast.) but no Print or color. Iv'e tried unplugging the printer reinstalling it.
Hi Mark,
Does your Printer appears in Print List now ?

Also, try a hardware reset. Do a soft reset and hard reset on your Printer : http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=gb&docname=c00035736

Edited by Ashik on 7/11/2010 at 4:53 PM EST
Hi Ashik. NO . Nothing there. I have Hp Photosmart C4240 All in one printer scanner copier. Mac os x version 10.4. 11 Processor 1.8 GHZ powerPc. Memory 2 Gb. ddr sdram Staratup disk Macintosh HD. (more info) machine name Imac G5 machine name Imac G5 machine modle 8-1 CPU.Type: PowerG5(3.0) # XXXXX cpu's 1 cpu speed 1.8GHz Memory 2GB buz speed 5.2.2/4 Serial# XXXXX don't ask me what all that means, please. still have no print still sluggish, still nothing. I don't want do all that crap, re witting soft ware, or tearing my whole setup apart, I'll just Buy another set up. Is there an easier way?:? Thanks Mark

Sorry for the delay..Can you copy from Printer (Scan and Print without computer) ?