Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iphone wont charge. I have tried multiple cords, outlets…

My iphone won't charge....
My iphone won't charge. I have tried multiple cords, outlets and methods. The phone is still working though very low on battery.
6/26/2010
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you

May be a small reset will help. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds. iPhone will automatically restarts and return to normal. If it not restarts after holding the button for 10 seconds, hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button until it get turns off and restart itself. Try to charge now...
graphic
Best Regards,

Now it is just showing me the battery picture briefly flashing with a little red and then it goes off. It doesn't appear to be recognizing that it is conntected to the charger.

Sounds like there is no charge left on your iPhone, do a reset again and charge it for 30 minutes. Then turn on your iPhone. Let me know...
I will try
Okay...i'm waiting.
Still nothing. I am heading to the movies with my kids. I will leave the phone plugged in while I am gone. Can I contact you when I get back?
Yes, Add a bookmark of this page and we can continue later..

Still nothing. Is there a way to clean the inside where it connects? It just doesn't seem to recognize any type of chargine device at all

No easy way to clean inside without opening iPhone which will void warranty, may be its a hardware problem. Since we tried reset, different chargers and still working, it'd be a hardware issue. So Please take it to the At&T or Apple Store, If your iphone is under Apple care, they'll give you a new one or you have to pay to fix it.

Best Regards,
Ashik, Mac Technician
Thanks for Accepting my answer and the Positive Feedback. You can use the reset method if you have any problems with iPhone like iPhone freezes, not finding networks, wifi problem etc.

Best Regards,