Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

how do I find out my password for Safari to send an attachment…

how do I find out...
how do I find out my password XXXXX Safari to send an attachment photo to the web
6/26/2010
Daniel, Mac Genius
Chat Conversation Started
Daniel :

Hello, my name is Dan.

Daniel :

I cannot answer unless you give me some more information. How exactly is it you are trying to send this attachment?

Where is it you are trying to send it to?

What version of Mac OS X. and Safari do you have?

As much detail as you can provide about the problem that you're having will greatly assist in solving it.

Customer:

I wish to send photos on the web to e-mail friends. When I try to do this with Photoshop Elements 3, it asks for a password XXXXX lists my email [email protected] That is not my e-mail address. It [email protected] I cannot change the mac.com. So I cannot send a jpeg photo anywhere. I have Mac OS10.4.11 ands Safari version 4.1 (4533.16)

Daniel :

So you are trying to send a photo from Photoshop elements? That seems like an awful lot of work when it is a whole lot simpler.

Customer:

What do you suggest?

Daniel :

I am assuming that you are editing the photo in Photoshop elements and you wish to send the finished product.
After you finish editing you have some options, you can save it to iPhoto which does a very nice job of emailing by the way, or you could save the image and then attach it to an e-mail.

Daniel :

Who is your e-mail provider and do you use the Mail application on your Mac?

Customer:

I use aol.com. I have not tried to save to iPhoto. When I try to save the jpeg from Photoshop to the desktop and then attach it, it needs to be cut way down in size or takes too long to send. It is easy to simply put it into the body of an e-mail with aol, but that cannot be printed by the recipient as a photo.(Or can it)?

Daniel :

It can be, a lot depends on the recipient's knowledge and the type of platform that they are using.
If you save it to iPhoto and then you send it from iPhoto as an e-mail iPhoto automatically resizes it and puts it into the mail as an attachment. Works really well.
I would also recommend setting up your Mail application, it handles AOL mail very nicely and adds some features that you may not have online with AOL.

Customer:

How would I set up a Mail application?

Daniel :

To use the Mac Mail application with AOL these instructions will help you do it.

Daniel :

First click on the postage stamp that is in your dock. It will open up with a window that probably says Welcome to mail, would you like to set up an account?

1. Account type: Select IMAP.

2. Email address:[email protected]

3. Password: Enter your AOL password.

4. User name: Your AOL email address without the ‘@aol.com.’

5. Incoming Mail Server: imap.aol.com.

6. Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.aol.com.

Daniel :

That is the information that you will enter.
You will see a window that says welcome to mail, and it will also say it we will be guided through the necessary steps to set up your e-mail account.

Customer:

Which instructions?

Daniel :

the next screen will say new account, General Information, the account type which will probably be iMAP.

Daniel :

I am typing them now scroll up a little bit and you'll see them.

Daniel :

Just under where you asked how would I set up a mail application?

Customer:

That sounds most helpful and I shall try your system. These are some of the best help ideas I have been given on this subject. Thank you.

Daniel :

In the new account window you want to name the account for whatever it is you like. It could be AOL mail or anything else.
Then type in your full name and your e-mail address.
The next thing is your AOL password
. The user name will be your AOL e-mail address without the @ and whatever follows it.
The incoming mail window you will type in: imap.aol.com
in the outgoing mail window or text box will be (SMTP): smtp.aol.com
then click done. And mail will go to AOL and get your mail.

Daniel, Mac Genius
Please let me know if you have any trouble, I am happy to assist you through it for no extra charge.
I would rather you had set it up before you had accepted, that way it makes it easier to work through the problems if any.
Please let me know.