Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My computer crashed and I lost my entire library. Is there…

Customer Question
My computer crashed and I...
My computer crashed and I lost my entire library. Is there anyway I can put it on another authorized MAC from the ipod itself? It comes up BLANK!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/26/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Daniel, Mac Genius replied 8 years ago
Daniel, Mac Genius
Chat Conversation Started
Daniel :

Hello, my name is Dan.

Customer:

Hi Dan

Customer:

Is there anything I can do here?

Daniel :

Is the iPod blank? If it is on the iPod then yes, you can recover it to another Mac/iTunes.

This utility will do it, as will this one.

Customer:

what do I do? I can't open the original library

Daniel :

Tell me about the crash.

Customer:

The computer simple will not boot.....my kids were on it playing games and it was suddenly dead. Perhaps they did not shut down properly

Customer:

I want to put the music on my new Iphone.

Customer:

When I plug in the old ipod to the new computer, it says it will erase everything even though the computer is authorized.