Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I plugged magjack into usb port on my Macbook It appears…

Customer Question
I plugged magjack into...
I plugged magjack into usb port on my Macbook It appears to be partially connected. I have a dial tone on the phone. I am not able to connect with the phone on the other end,

I phoned apple tech they said the does not appear to be any compatibility issues the the jack.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/25/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast replied 8 years ago
Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Please download and install the Mac Upgrade for MagicJack clicking here -----> http://upgrades.magicjack.com/upgrade/20100402000008/upgrade.dmg

Save the file and double click it after to begin the installation

If that did not work, I am afraid this is an internal MagicJack issue. As they don't have customer support by phone, you can have a live agent available to chat with, here:

http://service.liveperson.net/hc/61732089/?cmd= file&file=visitorWantsToChat&site=61732089&byhref=1&SESSIONVAR!skill=tech&SESSIONVAR!kb=2919858993325451883&SESSIONVAR!Ticket=LTK41901939301X&SESSIONVAR!ExitSurveyScore=&VISITORVAR!NumberOfVisits=

Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Hello and good afternoon! Smile

Have you tried my solution ?

Thank you

John Cappucci