Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

i have an iphone 3gs i just updated to the newest itunes upgrade…

Customer Question
i have an iphone 3gs...
i have an iphone 3gs i just updated to the newest itunes upgrade now my phone wont connect to itunes its charging but i cant view the device
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/25/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Jesse, Mac Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help.

You'll need to put the phone into Force Restore mode to get it working again:

1. Hold the Home and Sleep buttons together until the phone shuts off.
2. Release the Sleep button, but continue holding the Home button.
3. Plug the phone into your computer and wait for it to show up in iTunes.
4. It should appear and say that it's found an iPhone in recovery mode and needs to restore it.
5. Restore the phone.

That should do it. If what I recommended doesn't help, or if you have additional questions, please let me know and we can continue troubleshooting.

that didnt work

What do you see on the phones screen when it's connected to the computer?