Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

my ipod is stuck in the do not disconnect mode. I cannot turn…

Customer Question
my ipod is stuck in...
my ipod is stuck in the do not disconnect mode. I cannot turn off the ipod, it will not connect with my computer. Also I have again downloaded itunes and cannot access it for use with this ipod. Can you help?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/25/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 8 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you

Which iPod is this ? iPod Classic, Nano etc ?
classic 30GB
May be a small reset will fix it. Follow the step below to reset your iPod.

1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)

2. Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 8 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

not working....tried many times.
In that case, you have wait until the battery drain out. Once it turned off, charge it for 20 minutes and turn it back on.

(only click accept after it worked)
ok....i will let you know if that works. I have no idea how much battery power is left....could be several days if it is fully powered (wheich is what I believe) This is costing me $38???? What is next....
Since iPod has a good battery, it'll take awhile. And yes, you'll be charged $38 (because you selected it) and pay only if it worked.

Are you sure you did the reset in correct way ? The reset should work...
See the video below :

(only click accept after it worked)

now it worked.....thanks for the video.

now what about resetting this ipod with itunes?

this is not the original lap top that i set the ipod up with. How do I get reconnected to itunes to get this ipod synced and purchase additional songs, etc

Do you want to setup your iPod with this laptop ?

What happens when you connect your iPod to iTunes ? Does it asks you to erase the contents ?

yes this lap top....

i seem to be having a problem connecting the ipod to itunes....

what am i doing wrong?

Does iTunes recognzie your iPod ? (Don't sync your iPod to iTunes)
no it does not
Download and install this application, it'll let you to transfer Music from your iPod to your PC/iTunes.

http://www.icopyexpert.com/

i am working on this, please excuse the wait.

Okay..