Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just performed an automatic update for my mac updating my…

Customer Question
I just performed an automatic...
I just performed an automatic update for my mac updating my Safari 4.0.4 to Safari 4.1 Now I cannot see any windows I open in Safari. And when I close the program, it gives me the window telling me it quit unexpectedly. Can you help?
I have restarted in safe mode and then restarted in normal mode again and the problem is not fixed.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/24/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast replied 8 years ago
Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART.

Please restart the computer on Safe Mode following the steps below:

1- Turn off your Mac

2- Turn it on and press and HOLD the SHIFT key on the keyboard, until you see "Safe Boot" on the login window.

3- Wait for Mac OS X to be completely loaded.

4- Restart the computer in normal mode.

Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
So I shut down my computer. Started in Safe Mode. Restarted and the problem is still continuing

Ok, please try opening Safari again and check if you at least see the Safari toolbar to reset it:

1- Open Safari

2- Go to Safari menu, and then click "Reset Safari..."

3- Now select ALL the options you see there (Clear history, Reset Top Sites, etc, etc, all of them)

4- Click the "Reset" button

5- Restart your Mac BUT PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART.

6- Let me know if it worked or not

Thank you

John Cappucci

I attempted to reset Safari via the toolbar and the application quit unexpectedly

Do you have another internet browser on that computer ? (Like Firefox or Chrome?)

If you do we can try uninstalling Safari completely and then reinstall it.

Please let me know

Thank you

John Cappucci

Please let me know

Thank you

John Cappucci
Hello Sir/Madam Smile

Have you tried my solution ?

Thank you

John Cappucci
How do I uninstall Safari and then reinstall it?

Do you have Firefox on that computer ?

Hello again.

Do you have Firefox on that computer ?

Thank you

John Cappucci