Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Im trying what you told me on the last question. In the meantime,

Customer Question
I'm trying what you told...
I'm trying what you told me on the last question. In the meantime, I have about five external drives of various sizes and I'm trying to transfer thousands of music files, clean them up, back them up, and my top priority is to create more space on my MacPro hard drive. It has 100 gigs, but only 15 left. My question is:

After I copy the files to another drive or two, how do I erase the music files from my Mac. Are they in iTunes, shared files, or where do I go to find the music to erase.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/24/2010
Mac Support Specialist: robgranholm, Mac Genius replied 8 years ago
robgranholm
robgranholm, Mac Genius
Hi, the music is located in your HOME folder, and then MUSIC ... the home folder literally looks like a picture of a home...then MUSIC. That's where all the iTunes music should live on your Mac.
thanks, rob

just to be sure. When I copy that folder to external drives and then trash it on my Mac, I will have cleared all that space on my hard drive. correct?
Yes, correct.