Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a new website developed by a PC designer. He is training…

Customer Question
I have a new website...
I have a new website developed by a PC designer. He is training me to manage my website. I have a Mac Powerbook G4 with OS 10.5.8. I need an app that will enable me to install images, pics on my website. Adobe products are now developed needing Intel processors which I don't have. I have tried to install Photoshop 5.5 but will not since I do not and cannot have OS9. I cannot install Creative Suite, nor others. 1) Will Cyberduck enable me to adjust and install jpeg images and videos on my website? 2) Will it install on my computer? It was recommended, free and useable for my purposes. What is your opinion, please?
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX lemilitarygear.com
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/24/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Chat Conversation Started
BeBoo :

Hi there. What kinda of adjusting are you looking to do with your photos? Just basic brightness, color and cropping? Also, it will depend on how your site is designed as to what you will need to do to add the photos to your site. Your designer can help you out with that aspect as he designed it.

Customer:

I don't want an image file to be larger than 200K or it will take up too much bandwidth. I presume decreasing the resolution will do that. Also when clicking on the small image I want it ti automatically enlarge. Yes, my designer can show me how to do that but only if I have the app to do it in my computer. With a Powerbook G4, 10.5.8, no intel processor. I will only be using the app for installing images on my website. What software can I install that will work for me?

BeBoo :

Thanks for that info. You can actually use Photoshop CS (the first one). to edit your photos. You can use CyberDuck or Filezilla to put the photos on your server. You will need to talk with your designer on how to integrate the new photos into your site once they are uploaded. Here are a few links for you:

Photoshop CS: http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Photoshop-CS-Mac/dp/system-requirements/B0000DBOA5/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&n=229534&s=software
CyberDuck: http://cyberduck.ch/

Customer:

I have already researched these and they will not install on my Powerbook G4. My original question was, will Cyberduck install on my computer and will it accomplish what I need to do? Please see my message of 6/24, 8:54PM

BeBoo :

Photoshop CS and Filezilla will definately install on a Powerbook G4. Remember that Photoshop CS (not CS4) only requires a PowerPC processor (which your Powerbook G4 has). Anyway, Cyberduck only allows the uploading of files. You cannot edit the files (reduce size, quality, etc) with Cyberduck. You would need an image editing program to do this.

Customer:

When I am successful with your answer I will be happy to click accept and release funds to you. I have been on vacation, returning today to solve my problem next week. Thanks

Customer:

Sorry about the delay in answering. There have been too many disruptions, mostly caused by ill health with family members and some friends. I have decided to borrow my son's PC laptop and install Photoshop 7 onto it. My web designer/trainer can train me only in Photoshop to enable me to install images onto my website. Thanks for trying to help me. Walter Fink