Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

I have a G 10.4 Mac with two disc drives. One is MO S 10.4.11

Customer Question

I have a G 10.4 Mac with two disc drives. One is MO S 10.4.11 and one is MO S 10.5.8 (NOT INTEL)
My printer icon on the dock keeps flashing up with an error message. I have tried to uninstall both discs, but on the MO S 10.5.8 disc under applications, I do not have a selection for "Print Center" so I can select the delete button. These problems started when I went to the second disc drive and changed from MO S 10.3.9 to one disc MO S 10.4 and the original disc to 10.5.8 without Snow Leopard. What should I be doing?
A gold colored triangle with a white exclamation point keeps flashing when I try to print and when I click it, on the job status page it says "Communication error" HELP!!!
It would be easiest if you could call me in the Chicago suburbs: XXX-XXX-XXXX
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Daniel :

Hello, my name is Dan.

Daniel :

The print system is different between 10.4 and 10.5. They made some pretty big changes between them.