Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Hello, My name is Ryan Grantham and I am the Post Supervisor…

Customer Question
Hello, My name isXXXXX and I...

My name isXXXXX and I am the Post Supervisor for a television production company. I have been having a lot of problems with my Mac lately. I had some RAID failures and as a result lost a lot of valuable media/data which I am using in Final Cut Pro 7.

I figured it wasn't that bad because I could just Batch Capture everything that I needed no problem. However, it has become that bad as I am having a lot of trouble with the Batch Capture. It won't capture clips at the end and beginning of the tape and worst still, it has actually captured the wrong clip associated with the offline file and changed the timecode info for that file completely thus messing everything up.

Is there any tips/suggestions/solutions that you could please offer? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you very much.

Cheers,

Ryan Grantham
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/23/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Daniel, Mac Genius replied 8 years ago
Daniel, Mac Genius
Chat Conversation Started
Daniel :

Hello Ryan, my name is Dan.

Daniel :

I suggest trashing your Final Cut Pro 7 plist, most likely the issue is associated with a corrupt plist file.

You will find that in your home folder/Library/Preferences 'com.apple.FinalCutExpress.plist', I know that that says final cut express, yours will say Final Cut Pro, I do not have Final Cut Pro.

The other thing that I think you need to do is to repair permissions, do this with Disk Utility found in Applications/Utilities, it will look like this

Full Size Image

those in the first two things that I suggest. There could be more.

Daniel :

Ryan, I just received an e-mail notice that you had something to tell me, I am not seeing it in this chat window. If so could you please resend it.

Customer: I said that both of your suggestions were, unfortunately, not beneficial. The Final Cut and Batch Capture is still having a lot of annoying/problematic issues.
Daniel :

Then the next thing is to repair the permissions, this is done with Disk Utility found in Applications/Utilities, it will look like this.

Full Size Image

Once that finishes and if there is no improvement then it is time for the bigger guns.