Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just bought an iPad, set up 1 email account at the apple…

Customer Question
I just bought an iPad...
I just bought an iPad, set up 1 email account at the apple store, and now I've brought it home to really get into it and it's asking for a passcode to unlock, BUT I NEVER SET UP A PASSCODE TO LOCK IT! I did have to enter my iTunes password XXXXX set up an email account at the Apple store, but I never set up any code to lock the ipad. I keep trying possible variations of my iTunes pw, but now I keep getting locked out of my brand new iPad for 1 minute....5 minutes....geez! I was so excited to get started and now Applecare is closed and I've got a useless $900 computer sitting in front of me. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/23/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 8 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you

Since it is locked, only way to reset the password XXXXX restoring your iPad in iTunes. Connect your iPad to your computer, open iTunes. Your iPad will shows up in iTunes. Select your iPad in left column, click on the Summary tab on top and click Restore button. This should restore your iPad and unlocks the code.

If you don't have iTunes, download it from here :http://www.apple.com/itunes/

Best Regards,