Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just got a new computer and tried to sync my iPhone (3G)

Customer Question
. It gave me only...
I just got a new computer and tried to sync my iPhone (3G) . It gave me only one option; to restore from a backup. Since the backup was recent, I said OK. It's been going for 3 1/2 hours. Is that normal? Did I just erase all my contact info? Whats going on?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/22/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Mac_Mike, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 years ago
Mac_Mike
Mac_Mike, Computer Hardware Engineer
Hi there. You mentioned your itunes had a recent back up. If it was a new computer, do you know where that back up came from that you restored? Do you have your old computer in which you used to sync with iTunes? Do you have a recent sync on your old machine? Thank you, Michael.
Yes, I have a sync done 2 days ago on this new computer
Ok, so you have successfully synced your phone with this new computer? Did you resync your phone with another computer from 2 days ago and now? Is it still syncing? What is the iPhone saying or doing and what is iTunes doing? Thank you. Michael