Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Rob it was totally working i erased the hd and it formatted…

Customer Question
Rob it was totally working...
Rob it was totally working i erased the hd and it formatted it and it created another main HD and it let me click to install there now it has only 16 minutes left to install the blue line is 3/4 of the way across and now the rainbow spinning ball is happening and the dvd drive is freaking out doing the whirring spinning stopping thing i cant force quit idk how and i m not sure if i should turn it off or not
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 day by:
6/21/2010
Mac Support Specialist: iteachmac, The Duke! replied 8 years ago
iteachmac
iteachmac, The Duke!
Hi ,

did the install complete ?

If the OSX install fails or fails to boot to the installer ,
it is most likely the install DVD is dirty or scratched .

The OSX install DVD needs to be 100% spotless & clean to ensure it will work and complete an upgrade or full install etc.

Thanks.
Mac Support Specialist: robgranholm, Mac Genius replied 8 years ago
robgranholm
robgranholm, Mac Genius
I agree with the above expert, but I still second guess this hard drive you got...I got an e-mail from you, has this been resolved?
Rob you were totally the "mac Genius" i already paid you, wish i could afford to give you more. The advice you gave about installing the snow leopard upgrade, totally worked!! It took a couple of tries, but i did it! My husbands MAC works great and he thinks im the bomb!! :) Not one other mac person gave me advice even close to what you suggested i do, i know i got another answer after yours, like i said it took me a couple of tries. (the HD was't formatted) but thanks to you it running like a top AND it has snow leopard on it!! YAY
i left you as much positive feedback as i could... look and see you're up to 200 now!!
hey if i ever have any more trouble or questions, can i ask for you specifically?