Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

hi guys, itunes says it cant locate some of my music files.

Customer Question
i have tried consolidating, it...
hi guys, itunes says it cant locate some of my music files. i have tried consolidating, it says the filename is XXXXX XXXXX or invalid. i have tried putting all files from my external hard drive in the i tunes folder manually, but it still cant find them! what am i doing wrong?!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 day by:
6/21/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Omer Mushahwar, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 years ago
Omer Mushahwar
Omer Mushahwar, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi I am one of the experts here on just answer.com

You will get this error if just one song has a file has too long a name or an invalid character in the file name.

Could you tell me what version of Itunes you are using?

im running i Tunes version 9 (9.0.2.25)
how do i find out which of the filenames is too long?
one way to do it is by eye if you look and see that something looks really strange, however its not the best

if you go to http://itunesfix.com download the fix its a java script file. Save this to your desktop double click on the file and it will open itunes and browse through and see what files are too long to consolidate.