Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

When a friend helped me set up my Imac laptop she set my drafts…

Customer Question
When a friend helped me...
When a friend helped me set up my Imac laptop she set my drafts and trash files to purge too quickly (two weeks and 3 days,respectfully) and I can't seem to find how to extend those times.

Thank you!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/19/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Jesse, Mac Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help.

What email program do you use (e.g. Mac Mail, Entourage, etc.)?

Let me know and we'll get this sorted.
Mozilla's Thunderbird.

Thanks. XXXXX
1. While Thunderbird is open, go to the Tools menu, and select the Account Settings option.
2. Check each of the Disk Space sections on the left side, and make sure that the Delete messages older than option is set to whatever length of time you want.

That should do it.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX I can find no line "account settings." I do have one labeled "Server settings" and there are 4 circles offering 4 choices but I'm unable to "check" any of them under a choice labeled "To recover disk space." Everything in choices 2 and 3 says "30 days" which is too brief for a traveler who's gone that long at a time -- and I'm unable to change them.

Sorry
To change them, you'll need to click the selection box next to the spot where it says "30 Days", and you should be able to change it.